Out of District Transfer Enrollment
OUT OF DISTRICT TRANSFER ENROLLMENT GUIDELINES
Excellence in Education
Hallsville ISD is currently accepting Out of District Transfer Applications for students in grades K-12.
****Once a student has been accepted and enrolled, the tuition payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.****
Primary — Pre-K and Head Start
*North Elementary — Grades K-3
*East Elementary — Grades K-3
Intermediate School — Grades 4-5
Junior High School — Grades 6-8
High School — Grades 9-12
*Students in grades K-2 will attend one of two elementary campuses — North Elementary or East Elementary — depending upon space availability. Families who have more than one student in grades K-3 will be assigned to the same campus. Campus assignment cannot be requested and once assigned cannot be appealed.
Out of District Transfer Process:
1. Parent/Guardian may request an Out of District Transfer Application in one of the following ways:
· Print an application from our website at www.hisd.com;
· Call (903)668-5990, ext. 5032 to request an application be mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to you; or
· Pick up an application at the Hallsville ISD Administration Building located at 210 S. Green Street (corner of Walnut & Green Streets), Hallsville, TX.
2. Parent/Guardian must provide appropriate documentation including: Proof of residence in “home” district; the students school records—including report card, attendance and discipline reports; immunization records; and birth certificate.
3. Beginning with the 2013-2014 school year, an Out of District Transfer Application fee of $50.00 per student; $75 per family with more than one child will be payable at the time of application. The application fee is non-refundable if the student is not accepted or chooses not to enroll. The application fee will be applied to tuition upon acceptance and enrollment of student(s).
4. Transfers are processed on a first-come basis and considered independently at the time of their request by Hallsville ISD Principals.
5. Once a completed Out of District Transfer Application including all requested documentation is received, it will be sent to the Principal of the appropriate campus for review. Depending upon qualifications and space availability, a decision is made regarding the transfer request.
6. Any application not approved at the campus level will be reviewed by the Superintendent of Schools and to make the final decision.
7. The parent will be notified as soon as a decision is made regarding approval or non-approval of the application.
8. If the application is approved the parent will come to the Hallsville ISD Administration Building to pay the tuition. Tuition is $1,000 for the first child in a family, $500 for the second child in a family, and caps at $1,500 per family.
Transfers are approved for one school year only. All students must re-apply each year. The approval of a transfer does not guarantee future transfer approval for the next school year. The student’s attendance and discipline during the current year will be evaluated prior to approval for the coming school year.
In an effort to meet the needs of our current Out of District Transfer students HISD will offer early enrollment and approval for these students. In March, transfer parents will receive a letter with a renewal application form in the mail. If the parent wants to continue the student’s transfer, the following process will be followed:
1. Communication to the parents of all current transfer students in March.
2. Parents should complete and return the application form as soon as possible in order to assure a spot for their student(s).
3. These applications will be processed and parents will be notified of approval prior to the end of the school year.
Factors Considered in the Approval Process:
Factors considered in approving Out of District Transfer applications include, but are not limited to: building capacity, current program or campus enrollment, growth projections, grade level enrollment, teacher allocation, professional staff allocations, and the student’s behavior and attendance history.
Students Who Become Non-Residents:
A resident student who becomes a non-resident during the course of a semester shall be permitted to continue in attendance for the remainder of the semester. Prior to the end of the semester, parents may apply for an Out of District Transfer if the student qualifies and space is available. Tuition and application fees will apply.
Parents with a contract to build a house will be permitted to transfer into the district on a provisional basis for no more than 90 calendar days from the date of the transfer application. If legal residence is not established within this 90 day period in the form of a tax statement or lease agreement, the student’s transfer shall be revoked. The parent may elect to complete an application for Out of District Transfer for consideration of acceptance by Hallsville ISD. The student must meet all application criteria. Tuition and application fees will apply.
All UIL rules regarding student eligibility for competition will be followed. Approval of An Out of District Transfer application does not verify the student’s eligibility for competition under UIL rules. Students in athletics who move from one high school to another are ineligible for varsity competition for one year by UIL rules. Students may not transfer for athletic purposes.
Students who participate in UIL athletics must verify eligibility through the District Athletic Director. All required paperwork and documentation must be provided in order for the student to be considered for participation in athletics in Hallsville ISD.
Transfer students must follow all Hallsville ISD rules and regulations, including but not limited to: District Policies and Regulations; the Student Code of Conduct, and Attendance Requirements.
Students who transfer into the district may have their enrollment revoked if the student does not adhere to all policies and regulations or based upon poor attendance, excessive tardiness, or inappropriate student behavior.